Welcome from our Headteacher
Thank you for showing an interest in our school. We hope the information on our website will give you a clear picture of our school and its ethos.
All the Staff and Governors at William Read Primary School and Nursery are committed to providing high quality education for all children. The education and care of the children at our school is based on high expectations and we continually work to raise standards.
High quality education at William Read Primary School and Nursery will be achieved by:
- a positive, caring and clearly focused leadership
- the whole community working together to do its best for our children’s confidence
- having high expectations of our children’s social, behavioural and academic performance
- well planned, exciting and challenging learning that develops lively, enquiring and
- creating stimulating and attractive learning environments
- fostering a calm, secure and purposeful working atmosphere nurturing positive esteem and self-image
- promoting respect for people and property
- working in partnership with the community to enrich the opportunities for our children
Our Core Values of Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork and Achievement are central to our school vision and underpin all of our work.
We are committed to improving the quality of education for all children in our care, to enable them to reach their full potential. This education will provide them with the levels of knowledge, understanding and skills that the community demands for a successful future.
The individual child is important to us and we aim for each child to reach their full potential through a broad, exciting, challenging and skills based curriculum. Our curriculum enables our children to develop academically and creatively, enabling all learners to acquire key skills and knowledge that will equip them for life. We are proud of the behaviour of our children and constantly receive positive feedback from members of the community.
Our awards reflect the diversity of the curriculum such as Healthy Schools, School Games, Eco-Schools, Youth Sport Trust and Get Active Essex alongside a favourable Ofsted report in October 2018.
We have an active Child and Parent Council who meet regularly and shape the improvements of the school. An active PTA runs events for the community to come together and contribute much needed funds to the school.
We provide a newsletter every week for parents and pupils giving parents an update of what is happening in the school, diary dates, celebrating the achievements of our pupils and messages to pupils of what we have seen them working on in their classes.
We have every confidence that William Read will continue to go from strength to strength through working together. We welcome visits, so that you can see the school when it is at its best, when the children are here.
Mr. T. Martinson