All the children at William Read Primary Academy wear a uniform which provides us with our identity and helps create a positive image. When your child(ren) attend William Read Primary Academy, all children are expected to wear school uniform daily.
- Black school trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress (red and white summer dress can also be worn)
- If children wear leggings, they must also wear a skirt/pinafore
- White polo shirt or white shirt
- Red jumper, sweatshirt, cardigan (with or without logo)
- Black shoes or plain black trainers
- Black sandals can be worn but they must be flat with a back strap
We are aware of the rising costs of uniform, so we are not enforcing blazers and ties from Year 3.
On P.E. days (these are on your child's new year group letter), children will need to come to school in P.E. Kit. This is:
- Black shorts
- White or red round necked T-shirt
- Plain tracksuit for colder sessions
- Black trainers/black plimsolls
Children in the Reception and Year 1 classes will need to be provided with a pair of Wellington boots, labelled with your child’s name, to be kept in school for use in the outdoor area. Please provide a suitable bag for these, which can be hung on your child’s coat peg.
No jewellery is allowed in school other than small plain stud earrings and watches. These need to be removed by the pupil before PE. No responsibility will betaken by the school for any jewellery which is brought on to the school site.
We ask too that shoulder length and long hair is tied back for boys and girls.
All items of clothing must be clearly marked with your child’s name. All of the children's uniform can be purchased from supermarkets or high street shops.
If you wish to purchase the school jumpers with the logo, these can be ordered from Penn Sports.